December 1, 2010

Rudy's Bar-B-Q @ Austin, Texas

I'm going to kick off my strings of food encounter during my business trip to Austin, Texas 2 months ago - with the BEST BBQ I had thus far!

Introducing... Rudy's Bar-B-Q

I like this tacky tagline "Worst Bar-B-Q in Texas" :D



This particular chain store is an extension of Shell gas station where there is a country store attached to it as well. People dine on wooden bench chairs on wodden tables - really a nice BBQ 'feel'

Let's move on to the food!

I ordered Baby Back Ribs, a side of Cole Slaw and a Banana Pudding as dessert


All main meals come with bread slices and they give you a minimum of 4 at a go - most locals go for double that amount :S

4 slices are way too much and at most we can only take 1-2 at most with the rest of the meal

Close up of my 1/2 lb. Baby Back Ribs ($7.99):-


Kellin ordered St. Louis Pork Ribs


The pork ribs were really bbq-ed perfectly, the surface fragrant yet the meat within tender and juicy - paired with its Bar.Bq Sause - makes this THE ultimate in Barbeque masterpiece! Everyone who tasted this would never disagree, imagine that!

Being my first lunch after touch down and with merely a few hours' sleep - this is how I looked like (-_-)"


The superb Rudy's Bar.BQ SauSe that goes with all its Bar-Bs!

They sell these babies too! Too bad I can't lug them back :P


This is one-of-a-kind Rudy's handwashing sanitizing system where you just stick both your hands inside and there will be a 360 degrees water spray cleaning your hands for you! (Really for lazy folks), and you can then certify yourself with its sticker "I Have Clean Hands" :)


So amazed with the affordability vs. food quality of the BBQ here - check out the price range:-

  • 1/2 lb Beef Brisket - $ 6+
  • Pork Ribs and Baby Back Ribs - $8+
  • Side orders of cole slaw, potato salad etc - Small at $1.84 (more than enough for 1 person)
  • Desserts of Banana or Chocolate pudding at similar price range as well
We had Rudy's again before our trip back coz it's just that good! OMG I'm so craving for it nowwww~~

No comments:

Post a Comment