December 13, 2010

Blue Reef Fish & Chips @ Straits Quay





Had an afternoon snack at the new Blue Reef Fish & Chips while visiting Straits Quay with Mun for the first time. Having tried out the original outlet at Permai 32, I wondered how everything fared in comparison.


We had items from their Happy Hour menu:-

Smoked Salmon Crostini
(RM 11)


This took some time to reach our table - the baked bread base was definitely too hard and were only edible ala finger. Mun's comment : I can definitely make this myself at home haha! (which I agree)

Breaded Calamari
(RM 12)


Not sure why all their breaded dishes end up 'separated' - seafood vs. breaded crumbs - be it their Fish, Calamari, Scallops and so on. I'd think people will enjoy these much more if the both were to stay intact even after cutting or chewing?

Hazelnut Latte
(RM 8)


Nothing spectacular as Mun mentioned - plus, it took way too long considering there were only 2-3 tables occupied at that time.

Hot Chocolate
(RM 6)


The only interesting thing about this was its 'make-shift' heart shaped froth when it came. The hot chocolate taste was too subtle and came across to me as too diluted and milky.

The couple who sat beside our table waited for a very, very long time before their seafood platter came - and both of us were glad we only ordered light snacks.


The menu seemed to have grown as I saw that they are having Happy Hour menu, weekday lunch promotion, kiddy's menu, pasta, beef, lamb, chicken too! (Or I haven't been paying much attention to their original menu previously?)



1 comment: