March 2, 2011

Keong Kei Pou Pan 强记补品 @ Off Jalan Pudu


Hubby introduced me to this place opposite Shaw Parade after Philip brought him here once and we have been coming back pretty often. It's a hawker stall by the roadside but there are lots and lots of patrons thronging in as early as 5:30pm to have dinner.

Normally we'd come here before 7pm too as one of its signature soup runs out pretty fast if we don't

We almost always order the same dishes:-


Signature Soup - Coconut Chicken Soup 椰子鸡


Ginseng roots are added into this concoction hence hubby does not fancy the bitter taste at all. But I'm ok with it and I feel this is a very nourishing soup.

Old Cucumber Soup
老黄瓜炖汤


This is the soup that hubby always orders as it does not have overpowering bitter taste. I normally take the old cucumber slices since hubby doesn't eat a lot of them

Lotus Root Soup
莲藕


I ordered this soup when I had period and I didn't want to take the coconut soup. Loved the soup and even the spare ribs that were used to braise the soup in

Curry Wild Boar Meat
咖喱山猪肉


I like the version here a lot - simply because the wild boar meat is tender whereas the curry is rich and tasty. There was once where they were generously giving us potatoes to go with the curry too! I just can't get enough of the curry

Mushroom Chicken Feet 冬菇鸡脚


The chicken feet here are simmered until soft, the gravy thick yet not salty, and most importantly, the mushrooms were the killers as they were kickass huge and tender! Love 'em

Address : Jln Changkat Tambi Dollah Off Jln Pudu
Business Hour : 4.00pm onwards

1 comment:

  1. The Lotus root soup and Old cucumber soup are what I normally cook. :)

    ReplyDelete