July 17, 2011

Frozen Yogurt @ Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

Frozen Yogurt, or froyo - as CBTL calls it, catches the craze of yogurt as CBTL introduces a handful of specialty Blended Swirl Yogurt which caught my attention.

I tried the Black Forest Espresso Blended Swirl at the G-Hotel outlet of CBTL recently, and this was how it looked like (after taking what seemed like AGES to prepare)


Does the look of this blended swirl tempt your taste buds and make you feel like you wanna try it? Maybe it does huh? Well it did not quite make it based on the looks though.

So I gave it a try - the yogurt tasted NORMAL. Just like any other yogurt you'd find elsewhere. So I tried the black pearly stuff and I reckon those were coffee beans? Coz they had very strong coffee aroma. Then came the best part of all - the concoction at the bottom-most layer of the whole cup - which tasted like black forest alright, but it was more like a blend gone wrong whip-cream of some sort. HORRIBLE. RM 9.90++ for a regular-sized blended swirl when I could've gotten a decent ice blended by topping up a bit of money.


Don't try this, seriously. It's either they messed up my cup of blended swirl big time or the 'recipe' was wrong to start with. Either way, I'm not gonna try ANY froyo at CBTL anymore.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! I've never seen Coffee Bean come out with frozen yoghurt. I'll try it just for the sake of trying it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I know you sure will, trying whatever's new or 'odd' :P Lemme know what you think about it kays?

    ReplyDelete