February 28, 2011

Bella Marino @ Straits Quay



Had a good catch up dinner with Suchi & Andy - I was the one who recommended to check this place out since MC said all the dishes he tried to far were good.

Table setting & menu



My Mixed Fruit Punch & Andy's Apple Juice


Refreshing - I liked my fruit punch

Suchi's Mango Smoothie


We ordered 3 dishes for sharing:-

Fettucine Carbonara



I liked this a lot - Carbonara sauce was not too runny yet not too thick; fettucine cooked to the right softness. It was a pleasure to indulge.

Pizza Con Pollo
(RM26.90)



As per described in its menu, the Pizza has roasted chicken meat, turkey ham and pineapple as topping. This was just okay for me since I don't fancy breast meat :P

Seafood Risotto



This was below expectation - the risotto was too wet, the seafood had an overpowering seafood smell and the whole taste was just odd in a bad way. The sauce tasted as if it had been cooked with undiluted water. If I were to make a return I'd definitely be checking out its steak since MC said that it's one of the best he had in the whole of Penang - what a statement!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm... steak... not often I get a medium-rare steak locally that still has the taste of blood in it.

    The vegetarian pizza's pretty good too, with very authentic marinara sauce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had the steak last week, medium-cooked with blood....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I have had the steak with medium- cooked, blood in there.....:)

    ReplyDelete